Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Week 7 Things: Wikis

Wow, I never realized what interesting information I could get from viewing a few wikis. Library 2.0 in 15 minutes a day was cool. I never knew about Goodreads and that LibraryThing had some competiton. I will check it out to see which one I like the best. Over on the Bull Run Library Wiki they have news about what's happening there and at surrounding county libraries. Something that I found interesting was a program that has launched called BookSwim. It's a Netflix type book rentals that starts at $20. You receive 3 books. When you are have finished two you send them back and get two more. There are no late fees, no shipping charges, and they are delivered to your door. I wonder if that will be as popular as Netflix. I think Wikis are another great tool for spreading information.

Ok, it took me while to follow the directions but I finally did it! I have added an entry to the Maryland Libraries Sandbox wiki. I added my favorite children's book which is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I also added the link to my blog under PGCMLS.

No comments: