Thursday, August 23, 2007

Week 9 Things: Podcasts, Video & Downloadable audio

YouTube is just so entertaining. You can find just about anything you can imagine there. There are videos on everything. There were just too many for me to choose from to post. I guess that's just part my indecisive nature. Anyway, I liked the fact that you can search a particular video or just search from the listed categories. There's not really anything I disliked. I think that something like YouTube could be useful to the library by showing instructional videos on things like the databases.

I found a podcast called LibVibe. It's a podcast about library news, so I added that to my Bloglines account. I thought the process of a podcast and then adding it to Bloglines was fairly easy.

I'm already familiar with Overdrive and NetLibrary we have these service through our system. I've helped some people create their accounts. I think this is a good service but I still a big fan of actual books. I never really got into audiobooks.

No comments: